Homecoming week is Oct 1-6. This years theme is CRUSH CENTRAL ELKADER. The week events include the homecoming parade Wed Night. If you or your organization would like to be part of the parade please contact Shannon Bohannon here at the school. After the parade we will be having the community pep rally with the introductions of the Homecoming court. Following the pep rally we will have the annual Powderpuff football game as well as the Ironman volleyball game. Shirts for both Ironman and Powderpuff can be ordered in the High School office for a cost of 9-12 dollars depending on the size. Friday night our Wildcat Football team will take on Central Elkader with the presentation of the Homecoming Court and the announcement of the King and Queen 2018 during half time. Homecoming shirt order forms are in both offices at the school, on the Facebook page and have been sent home with elementary students. This year we are offering both short and long sleeves with the cost range of 8-16 depending on sleeve length and size. All shirt orders are due by 10 am on Sept 25th. The weeks events will end Sat night with the High School Homecoming dance from 8-11 in the high school commons.
Pictured above left to right are Liz Henderson (Ohnward Bank), Sheila Tye (Central City Schools), and Alyssa McLain (Ohnward Bank). Central City received a check for $150 for winning the Ohnward Bank school supply contest. Central City also received some school supplies to hand out to students in need. We thank Ohnward Bank for their donation and hosting the contest!
School Counselor Websites
E-Registration is now Open
Hello Wildcat Families!
The 2018-19 school year is almost upon us, and E-Registration is now open!
*Here are a few things you need to know to complete E-Registration:*
1. The URL for Powerschool has changed! You will want to change this in your bookmarks. https://centralcity.powerschool.com/public/
2. You can also access Powerschool by going to the school website at http://www.central-city.k12.ia.us and clicking on the Powerschool button.
3. If you have the Powerschool App on your smart phone, you will need to uninstall and reinstall it using the new URL above. You will NOT be able to use the app to complete E-Registration. It must be done from a computer.
4. If you don't have computer access, you can come into the school to complete E-Registration. There will be computers available in the high school office during office hours as well as on Back-to-School night on August 22nd until 6pm!
5. Please complete E-Registration as soon as possible for all students who are attending CC in 2018-19. If you have additional students that are not on your Powerschool, please contact us to get them pre-registered.
6. Payments can be made online or in the school offices. As always, if you have any questions, please let us know! We are looking forward to an awesome school year! Go Cats!
Click here for e-registration
PowerSchool Link Change
Access to PowerSchool has changed and can be accessed from the link above.
One Call Now
Never miss an announcement from the school - events, sporting changes and weather delays can all be received as an automated message to your phone(s). Please call Margaret in the District Office to get signed up.
Calling all Preschoolers!
If you have a child that is 3 or 4 years old before September 15th and is potty trained; we have a program for you!! Central City's Preschool registration is opening up March 1st. You can find the registration form on the Central City School website or hard copies at ABC Child Care Center. All you have to do to register is complete the form and return it to ABC Child Care Center with the registration fee of $20. If you have any questions, call Mrs. V at 438-1710.
Central City CSD's WeatherBug. Click here for the weather center.